Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I don't know how it happened, but we didn't take ANY pictures of our Memorial Day! Well, I guess that's not technically true-- I took some with a disposable camera that I found that's got to be 4 years old, just to finish the film and see if it will still develop. But no pictures to share, anyway. Regardless, we had a great day at Great Grandma Jane's. The weather was beautiful and warm, so we spent most of our time on the porch and outside. Grandpa grilled for us-- yummy steaks and burgers courtesy of Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dennis's cows. And delicious ice cream from Penn State Creamery!

It's funny how having kids (and maybe especially since I have boys) makes me think about and appreciate more all that the men and women in our armed forces do for us. Memorial Day isn't just a day off from school and work anymore-- wow, look at me, growing up right before your eyes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment